1852 In the fall of the year, St. Paul’s is organized by the Plochberger, Kautsch, Schatz, Ritter, Koehler, & Schmidt families. From 1852 – 1872, worship takes place in a log church built low on the slope of the hill.
1857 The oldest tombstone in St. Paul’s Cemetery bears the inscription Anna Margaretta Plochberger. The next oldest is that of Paul Jungmaier, born 1797, died 1858.
1865 A doctrinal conflict arises, and St. Paul’s leaves the Missouri Synod and joins the German Iowa Synod. Members who wish to remain in the Missouri Synod leave St. Paul’s and form St. John’s (LCMS) in Stringtown in 1867.
1872 A rock church is built atop the hill, and the original church is used as a school house. Total Cost: $4,716.
1880 St. Paul’s builds a new school house. Total Cost $570.
1882 Pastor Fikenscher conducts a parochial school at St. Paul’s until 1904.
1890 St. Paul’s builds a new parsonage. Total Cost $1,806.
1895 A goodly number of families help begin a mission church, Trinity Lutheran, in Russellville, Missouri.
1903 To enhance the worship experience, the church’s young people add a pipe organ. Total Cost $603.
1910 Four bells are added to call parishioners to worship. Total Cost: $250.
1922 St. Paul’s Sunday School is organized.
1923 Fire damages the interior or the church; facing a need for additional seating, the church decides to build a new building on the site of the rock church. The bell tower in the current church is a remnant of the original stone church.

The Ladies Aid Society is organized and hosts its first activity, an ice cream social which makes $47.71.

1924 After nine months of construction, the new church is dedicated on November 16. Total Cost: $23,000.

Many items were donated by organizations within the church including the Sunday School baptismal font); the youth organization (pulpit); and the women of the church (carpets).

1927 The Ladies Aid has the church interior painted. Total Cost: $1,050.
1929 Electric light fixtures are installed in the church.
1930 The German Iowa Synod, Buffalo Synod, and the Joint Synod of Ohio join to form the American Lutheran Church, which is now known as the “old” American Lutheran Church.
1933 Luther League (now called LYO) is organized.
1938 The Ladies Aid Society transitions from keeping organizational minutes in German to English.
1940 Church council and annual meeting minutes are written in English instead of the traditional German.
1941 A new heating system is added to the church. Total Cost $997.
1946 Schulmerich Carillonic Bells are added in memory of the 44 men from St. Paul’s who served in the armed services during World War II. Total Cost: $3,100.
1947 Church interior is redecorated, and acoustic celotex tile is installed. On the exterior, the bricks are tuckpointed. Total Cost: $6,000.
1948 A new parsonage is constructed. Total Cost: $18,000.

Old cabinets from the parsonage are installed in the church basement, and a church kitchen begins to take shape.

St. Paul’s begins hosting Vacation Bible School.

1950 The first public address system is added to the church.

Several families leave the church to assist with the start-up of Christ Lutheran Church in Sedalia, Missouri.

1952 A water pressure tank is installed in the church.

The Ladies Aid Society is reorganized with a Day Circle (Ladies Aid) and Night Circle (Missionary Society).

1956 The organ is rebuilt, and a choir loft and altar railings are installed. Total Cost: $4,500.

A well and jet pump are installed. Total Cost: $1,150.

The Jr. Lutherans is organized.

1957 Furnace is converted from coal to oil heat, with the coal rooms being converted to Sunday School rooms.

St. Paul’s once again works to form a mission church with 16 families transferring to the newly organized Our Saviors Lutheran Church in Jefferson City, Missouri.

St. Paul’s Epistle is established.

1959 New carpeting is installed in the church. Total Cost: $2,000.
1960 The American Lutheran Church, of which St. Paul’s is a member, joins with the United Evangelical Lutheran Church and Evangelical Lutheran Church to form the “new” American Lutheran Church.
1961 The road leading up the church hill is paved, and the Luther League clears the parking lot north of the church. Total Cost: $500.
1961 A new furnace is installed in the parsonage.

Restrooms are installed in the basement of the church.

1962 Organ chimes are installed.
1964 St. Paul’s Perpetual Cemetery receives its Certificate of Incorporation.
1965 Church signage added at the foot of the church hill.
1969 A paved road is laid behind the church around the Cemetery. Final asphalt work is completed in 1970.
1970 The parking lot is graveled, and new concrete steps are installed in front of the church.

St. Paul’s Women of the Church have their first cookie sale.

1974 A gas hot water furnace is installed in the basement.
1976 A large white oak tree standing 100 feet off the road on the left of the church entrance is designated an official “Liberty Tree” for the US Bicentennial.
1977 Remodeling of the church basement is completed with the addition of a meeting room and a new kitchen.
1988 The American Lutheran Church joins with the Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches, and Lutheran Church in America to form the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church continues to be a part of the ELCA.
1994 The interior walls of the church are inset 2” to prevent moisture damage and then repainted. The painting “Angels on High” is added to the interior. The church also gets a new roof.
1999 The Sunday School and Friendship Hall are dedicated. Total Cost: $215,000.

The church goes online at www.stpaulslutheranlohman.org and a churchwide email prayer chain is established.

2001 Sunday School Playground is added to the church grounds. Total Cost: $4,000.
2007 The parking lot is completely paved. Total Cost: $72,553.
2008 The parsonage is remodeled in preparation for calling a new pastor. Total Cost: $91,192.
2009 A new clarinet rank is added to the organ. Total Cost: $10,000.
2010 St. Paul’s embarks on a journey of vision & mission planning to imagine what our church can become.